The team at FCPWORKS wish to thank all the guests, presenters, partners and support team for helping to make its launch event at Unici Casa in Los Angeles a great success. Please keep checking this site and find out more about what happened over on Twitter at #FCPWORKS.
All of the footage on this reel was edited in Final Cut Pro X. The reel itself was also edited in Final Cut Pro X. Featuring work by Logan Kelsey, Austen Atkinson, John Davidson, Mary Lynn Price, Mike Fernandes, Michael Garber, Dustin Hoye, Peter Wiggins, and Kenny Meehan. Debuted during the FCPWORKS Special Event in Los Angeles on 1/25/14.
Rune Hansen: Azteca Broadcaster Case Study (featured on Apple.com.)
Daniel Tapie: Beyond QuickTime – Softron Ingest and Playout Workflow
Alex Grossman: Open Colloborative Storage Workflow Solutions.
Bryce Button: AJA Io 4K Capture and Output via Thunderbolt 2 and the new Mac Pro.
Sam Mestman: Spending More Time On Your Story – Mastering Metadata for Feature Film and RED with Shot Notes X.
Alexis Van Hurkman: Final Cut Pro X and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Round Trip 4K Color Grading Workflow.
- Special Presentation from Apple on the latest updates to Final Cut Pro X and the new Mac Pro.
- AJA Io 4K Capture and Output via Thunderbolt 2 and the new Mac Pro with Bryce Button.
- Spending More Time On Your Story: Mastering Metadata for Feature Film and RED Workflow with Sam Mestman.
- Azteca Broadcaster Case Study (featured on Apple.com) with Rune Hansen.
- Beyond QuickTime: Softron Ingest and Playout Workflow with Daniel Tapie.
- Open Colloborative Storage Workflow Solutions with Alex Grossman.
- Final Cut Pro X and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Round Trip 4K Color Grading Workflow with Alexis Van Hurkman.
- Ecosystem Area featuring hands-on demos and workflow solutions.
- Final Cut Pro Retrospective exhibit featuring major NLE software and hardware milestones.
Featured Presentations By
Alexis Van HurkmanFreelance Director and Colorist
Alexis Van Hurkman is a writer, director, and colorist whose work has aired on The History Channel, The Learning Channel, and BBC Four. Alexis has authored and contributed to sixteen books including the popular “Color Correction Handbook” and the DaVinci Resolve User Manual.
Alex GrossmanVP, Media and Entertainment, Quantum
Alex works with Quantum, a world leader in data management for collaborative workflow and storage in the Media and Entertainment industries. While working at Apple, Alex was responsible for the Server and Storage products from development to market and product management functions.
Bryce ButtonProduct Marketing Manager, AJA
Bryce has produced and directed over 40 productions during the course of his career. His responsibilities at AJA include spokesperson and Latin American and European team support. Bryce also handles presentation, message positioning and partner marketing interaction.
Sam MestmanWorkflow Architect, FCPWORKS
Sam Mestman is an Editor and Colorist working in Los Angeles. While he specializes in indie film workflows and finishing, he has worked within the industry for Apple, ESPN, Glee the series and the BBC. Sam is also the founder and CEO of the We Make Movies film collective.
Daniel TapieCEO, Softron Media Services
Daniel is a software developer who was instrumental in building the first broadcast automation software and the first affordable ingest solution for the Mac. He leads a team of developers based in Brussels, Belgium who continue to innovate and create amazing software for the post-production industry.